[cf-lattice] Lattice and Data

Stefan Penndorf
Hi,

I'm new to lattice and I try to create a small microservice environment
with lattice (and spring-boot). I know lattice is not "production" ready
but I tried to create a production like environment (The project will
run in my local network only).

Is it a good idea to manage the database (containers) with lattice? I
was able to launch a neo4j container but I'm not sure where the data
will live and how to do backups. Is this the right use case for lattice
or should I setup and manage my database externally? I thought about
creating docker data-only containers but couldn't figure out where to start.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Regards
Stefan

[cf-lattice] Re: Lattice and Data

James Bayer
lattice only has ephemeral containers that get reset. it's best to use data services that are external to lattice, such as cloud foundry services or data services you've provisioned in some other way.

--
Thank you,

James Bayer