[cf-lattice] Lattice 0.2.7 on AWS

Vinicius Carvalho
Hi guys, I usually deploy all me lattice demos on digital ocean. I'm trying 0.2.7 with terraform 0.6.1 and I'm gettting this error:

* Error creating VPC: RequestError: send request failed
caused by: Post https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/: dial tcp: lookup ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com: no DNS servers
* Resource 'aws_subnet.lattice-network' does not have attribute 'id' for variable 'aws_subnet.lattice-network.id'
* Resource 'aws_internet_gateway.lattice-network' does not have attribute 'id' for variable 'aws_internet_gateway.lattice-network.id'
* Resource 'aws_security_group.lattice-network' does not have attribute 'id' for variable 'aws_security_group.lattice-network.id'
* Resource 'aws_subnet.lattice-network' does not have attribute 'id' for variable 'aws_subnet.lattice-network.id'
* Resource 'aws_subnet.lattice-network' does not have attribute 'id' for variable 'aws_subnet.lattice-network.id'

I'm using the default tf file for AWS, do I need to configure VPC and subnets and provide those values as well?

Regards

--
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
rational mind is a faithful servant. We have

Re: [cf-lattice] Lattice 0.2.7 on AWS

Vinicius Carvalho
Hi Gwenn, it surely looks like it. I was able to get terraform 0.4.2 to work, but 0.6.1 doesn't. And ltc is not working either. I'm suspecting something is wrong with my mac dns resolution. Oddly most Go based compiled programs are not being able to resolve names. Curl, java are all fine.

Thanks for helping out

Regards

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 1:41 AM, Gwenn Etourneau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

In case someone bumps into this. Seems that golang depends on /etc/resolv.conf for dns resolution, from what I could dig is that Mac does not really use it, and my file was missing the nameserver entry. Using the networksetup tool I was able to add a nameserver, but it would never be written on the file.

After I manually added a DNS entry there, ltc, terraform and other go based executables that use the net package were able to resolv names again.

Regards